The kids are off school, the days are getting longer, and weather is finally starting to warm up.
What better time for a family vacation than Spring Break? And the perfect place for family adventure, relaxation, and outdoor beauty is the Oregon Coast!
We’ve handpicked four great homes that provide all sorts of amenities so you can get right down to the business of having FUN together.
4 Bedrooms / 2.5 Bathrooms
Rancho del Mar in Arch Cape is the ultimate family home! It’s got just the right mix of amenities and luxury to deliver an awesome vacation with the kids! Plus it’s just a block to an amazing beach with mountain-fed streams, small rocks, and logs – all the essentials for building the ultimate sandcastle for guaranteed hours of fun! Take a quick walk down to the secluded coastline to pass through Arch Cape’s famous arch at the south end and explore Hug Point at the north end of the beach. Back at the house, you’ll appreciate the following features:
- Heated floors – your feet will love these!
- Surround sound and 47” HDTV – select a movie from the home’s DVD collection or enjoy streaming Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora
- Convenient outdoor hot/cold shower that makes beach cleanup a snap
- Toys, books, puzzles and family-friendly board games for rainy day fun
- Kids even get their very own lounge and bunk room with four beds!
- In the evening gather everyone around the glowing fire pit on the deck to roast marshmallows, watch the sunset over the ocean, and count stars in the sky.
4 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
Another one of our Arch Cape favorites, Shutterbug Cottage is only a block from the beach with spacious bedrooms and a wood-burning fireplace.
This house screams FUN for families with young kids. You’ll find it stocked with tons of toys (inside toys and beach toys too) for both kids and parents, like:
- A brand-new basketball hoop (kids height)
- Ping Pong Table
- A totally retro record player
- A gas BBQ in the side yard
- A wraparound deck
6 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms
Oceanfront views don’t get any better than this! Stone’s Throw is the ultimate multi-generational home. It’s got a massive kitchen with every imaginable gadget for cooking together, and two family rooms so no one feels crowded. Plus from the ocean-facing deck you get a 180 degree view of the expansive and uncluttered Manzanita coastline.
Just a two minute walk and you’ll be exploring downtown Manzanita with its boutique shops, farm-to-table restaurants, and art galleries featuring local talent.
Here are just a few things that make Stone’s Throw special:
- A large fenced backyard with 6-person hot tub
- A foosball table and game room for hours of friendly competition
- A closet filled with table games and puzzles (In case it rains…right?)
- Pet-friendly for up to two dogs so you can bring your four-legged family members too
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
The Sea Star is one of our most popular destinations, and it’s not hard to see why. The home is a very short block to the beach access. Need something back at the house or someone needs a potty break? It’s no problem to run back home for a quick break. Plus the spacious upper deck with breathtaking views of Haystack Rock make it the perfect home to sit back with a good book if you want to take it easy back at the house.
Here’s what some of our past guests have raved about:
- Large grassy backyard with lots of outdoor space for the kids to play
- Gas log fireplace and large picture windows for a direct view of the ocean without ever leaving the couch
- The barbecue and well-supplied kitchen make cooking a breeze. And to make your vacation even easier — let our team handle the grocery shopping for you. Just give us your list, and we’ll have everything waiting for you at your house upon arrival! Magical!
- When you’re not feeling the kitchen love, you’ll be a short stroll from Sea Level Bakery and the famously delicious clam chowder at Mo’s Restaurant.
Family-Friendly Activities on the Oregon Coast
Once you’ve picked the perfect vacation rental, it’s time to plan your trip! If you’re looking for adventure, be sure to read our Spring Break favs. No matter which home you stay in, you won’t be far from some of the coast’s best family-friendly activities in the area:
- Seaside Aquarium – Feeding the seals is always a highlight and the opportunities to get up close with the animals makes it just right for the little ones.
- Tillamook Cheese Factory – Take a free, self-guided tour around the factory and bring your appetite!
- Nehalem Bay – Go crabbing and kayaking in one of the coast’s most beautiful bays!
- Rent 3-wheeled bikes at Surfcrest Market and cruise around on the sand.
Whether you have a question about the area or are ready to book, we’re here to help. Give us a call at 503-297-4090, and we’ll help you find the home that’s just right for your next escape to the Oregon Coast.