Oregon Coast Events
Discover why the Oregon Coast is considered to be such a fantastic year-round destination. There are countless seasonal events and festivals that make this region a wonderful place to visit, no matter the season. Discover some of the best Oregon Coast events below:
Spring Events on the Oregon Coast
- Annual Spring Unveiling Arts in Cannon Beach: Each year, members of the Cannon Beach Gallery Group showcase new works. This event is a must for art-lovers. With demonstrations, receptions, special dinners, and more, there are so many ways to see and support local artists and galleries.
Summer Events on the Oregon Coast
- Annual Plein Air & More Festival: The end of June welcomes the annual Plein Air & More Festival in Cannon Beach. This particular even celebrate plein air artists, but that’s not the only type of art you’ll find. There are also plenty of sculptors, basket weavers, metal workers, and more. The weekend also features workshops, live music, and kid-friendly activities.
- Muttzanita: This end-of-summer event welcomes dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes to Manzanita! From contests to vendors selling delicious doggie treats, Muttzanita has everything you need for a fantastic day with your four-legged friend. If you’re feeling creative, consider creating a costume for your pup and entering the pet parade! If you’re interested in attending this event, take a look at our pet-friendly properties.
- Cannon Beach Sandcastle Contest: For over 50 years, Cannon Beach has been hosting their annual contest to see who can create the best sandcastle. Amateurs and professionals alike come to compete in this day-long event. The following day, everyone participates in a 5k fun run and walk. This contest is one of 11 events recognized as an Oregon Heritage Tradition. Our Cannon Beach properties sell out quickly for this event, so book fast!
Fall Events on the Oregon Coast
- Stormy Weather Arts Festival: Another great art festival in Cannon Beach, the Stormy Weather Arts Festival welcomes creators of all kinds. You’ll find everything from poets to sculptors featured in this excellent Cannon Beach event.
- The Cannon Beach Cottage and Garden Tour: Have you ever wanted to explore the unique homes and cottages in Cannon Beach? If so, the annual Cannon Beach Cottage and Garden Tour is the perfect excuse to do just that. This event is a great way to experience Cannon Beach’s most charming homes, while also enjoying gardening lectures, live music, and other special events.
Winter Events on the Oregon Coast
- Haystack Holidays: Get in the holiday spirit with this series of winter-themed events at Haystack Holidays in Cannon Beach! From live performances to crafting lessons, there are so many ways to celebrate. One of the highlights is the Holiday Foods Around the World event, during which restaurants from around the area feature dishes that showcase different cultures from all over the globe!
- Savor Cannon Beach Festival: Early March brings a four-day festival that combines wine, food, and the arts! The Savor Festival showcases amazing local restaurants and area wineries, as well as some of the nearby galleries and artists. Watch as local winemakers and chef compete in the Battle of the Blends, Battle of the Bites, and the Thursday Night Showdown. The Beach Wine Walk is another excellent event, encouraging visitors to walk around downtown Cannon Beach. 40 wineries pour samples of their varietals at local art galleries, restaurants, and shops. It’s a great way to get to know our town!
- New Year’s Day Polar Bear Plunge: Brave the chilly January air and plunge into the Pacific the next time you spend New Year’s Day on the Oregon Coast. Both Manzanita and Arch Cape host this annual tradition as a fun way to kick off the start of a new year.
Stay with Starfish Vacation Rentals
Are you ready for your Oregon Coast vacation? Take a look at our full selection of rentals and book today! We look forward to having you.