Things to Do in Arch Cape, Oregon
Escape to the coastline for a weekend of tranquility and relaxation. Arch Cape is a small Oregon Coast community that’s considered by many to be one of the best-kept secrets in the state. Arch Cape is the perfect place for visitors hoping to break away from busy cities and towns and enjoy a restful stay. When you want to visit some nearby restaurants, enjoy local attractions, or do a little shopping, you can head to the nearby towns of Cannon Beach or Manzanita. When you stay in Arch Cape, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds. Discover some of our favorite things to do in Arch Cape below!
Things to Do in Arch Cape, Oregon
Arch Cape, Oregon is less populated than the neighboring towns of Cannon Beach and Manzanita. Visitors can enjoy wandering along the peaceful, serene beaches while exploring interesting tide pools, caves, and even a waterfall, as well as hiking nearby trails. Arch Cape is the ideal destination for those seeking relaxation but also a chance to explore the natural beauty of the coast. Curious what else Arch Cape offers? Here are a few ideas:
Just north of Arch Cape is Hug Point State Park, a designated Oregon state park. The sweetly named area earned the moniker from early American explorers. In order to get around the rocks at the park, the 19th-century stagecoaches would have to “hug” them at low tide. Today, Hug Point has picnic tables and restrooms. You can easily make an afternoon of it with a packed lunch, Frisbee for the dog, and kites for the kids!
Guests in our Arch Cape vacation rentals often ask for restaurant recommendations. Drive 10 minutes up the coast, and you’ll find just what you’re craving! Here are a few restaurants in nearby Cannon Beach:
- The Wayfarer: Boasting gorgeous views of Haystack Rock and fresh seafood, The Wayfarer is the perfect date night spot.
- Pizza a’Fetta: Whether you dine in or take out, you’re sure to enjoy the selection of hand-tossed pizzas. This spot was voted one of the top 50 pizza restaurants in the nation by Pizza Today Magazine.
- Sweet Basil’s Cafe: This hip Cannon Beach spot is serving organic, vegetarian, and gluten-free options in Cajun and Creole cuisine.
- Driftwood Restaurant and Lounge: This local favorite is known for having good clam chowder and a sunlit patio for al fresco dining.
- Seasons Cafe: This is a great, casual spot with a good selection of sandwiches and salads. They have vegetarian-friendly and gluten-free options as well.
- Public Coast Brewing: Head to this brewpub to catch the game or try some of the great local beers.
- The Irish Table: This restaurant is the perfect spot for a special dinner. It’s commonly considered one of the best along the coast!
- Sea Level Bakery + Coffee: In the morning, head to this cafe for great coffee and French pastries.
- EVOO: Enjoy dinner and a show at this unique spot! Guests can watch the cooking show while you wine and dine on a culinary feast. This is a must for foodies.
One of the best things to do in Arch Cape is to relax by the ocean. Get inspired by the natural beauty of the area, and try your hand at photography, poetry, or meditation. For a relaxing night in, stop in one of Cannon Beach’s gourmet grocery and wine stores. There are no grocery stores in Arch Cape. It’s entirely residential, which means fewer crowds for those who prefer seclusion. Pick up some wine, cheese, and chocolate for a French-inspired picnic by the fireplace (or on the beach if it’s warm). On stormy days, curl up with a novel or throw a board game night. A simple stroll on the beach is always soothing, even when it’s drizzling.
How to Get to Arch Cape
Ready to find our Arch Cape rentals? Arch Cape is 85 miles from Portland, about a 100-minute drive. Take US-26 West for about 74 miles, then merge onto US-101 South. After 9 miles, you’ll arrive in Arch Cape. Click for directions on Google Maps.