Things to Do in Cannon Beach, Oregon
Sunsets at Cannon Beach are like no other. With nine miles of shoreline, Cannon Beach is one of Oregon’s most scenic spots. It’s perfect for building sandcastles or taking a romantic walk on the beach. The charming downtown is full of quaint shops and eateries. If it’s the views you’re after, the famous Haystack Rock (named for its shape) is right on the shoreline at low tide.
Cannon Beach is only a quick drive south of Seaside and about 80 miles from Portland. Get cozy by the fire with a glass of wine, go hiking, or take the kids to see the tide pools. Cannon Beach is an ideal blend of quiet coastal getaway and fun-filled adventure.
Visiting one of our vacation rentals is the perfect mix of luxury and tranquility. All our homes are complete with plush furnishings, high-quality linens, and homey touches. Enjoy a fully stocked kitchen with stainless steel appliances, or fire up the barbecue for a leisurely dinner on the deck. A gas fireplace ensures you’ll be toasty warm as you curl up in front of the flatscreen TV for a movie.
Staying with us is different. We pride ourselves on concierge-level assistance, so you can personalize your vacation however you want. Whichever home you choose, you’ll leave Cannon Beach relaxed and rejuvenated.
Here are just a few of the things we can do to make your stay special:
- Groceries waiting for you when you arrive
- A gourmet meal prepared for you at your rental by a local chef
- Excellent restaurant recommendations
- An anniversary or birthday cake delivered to you from a local bakery
All you have to do is tell us what you need, sit back, and relax. We’ll make sure your time in Cannon Beach is truly unforgettable.
Things to Do in Cannon Beach
Spend time exploring all the wonderful things to do in Cannon Beach. From outdoor adventures to shopping sprees, to dining at delicious restaurants, Cannon Beach has something for everyone to enjoy. Stay at one of our luxury beach rentals and you’ll be treated to just the right mix of style, comfort, and amenities. Our oceanfront and ocean view homes are conveniently located near things to do in Cannon Beach and professionally managed for an exceptional vacation experience. Wondering what else Cannon Beach has to offer? Here are some of our favorite activities:
Chances are you’ll want to check out some local Cannon Beach restaurants during your stay. Whether you’re in the mood for a casual brunch or a sit-down dinner, Cannon Beach has plenty of choices. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Irish Table: An intimate, pub-style restaurant with excellent meat and fish dishes
- EVOO: Enjoy incredible, high-quality food, and watch the chef prepare it in front of you cooking-show style.
- Castaways Restaurant & Tiki Bar: Fantastic Cajun and Caribbean food
- Cannon Beach Hardware and Public House: That’s right, a hardware store that doubles as casual sports bar with traditional American food
- Newmans at 988: For exquisite French and Italian cuisine, right in the heart of Cannon Beach
- Cannon Beach Cafe: A Parisian style cafe/restaurant right near the entrance to Haystack Rock
- Lazy Suzan Cafe: Cannon Beach goers from around the country rave about this delicious breakfast and lunch spot.
- Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge: A warm woodsy atmosphere, great salmon, and a gorgeous view of Haystack Rock
- Sweet Basil’s Cafe: A fun, quirky place with sandwiches and wraps
- Mo’s: Spectacular oceanfront views and clam chowder served in a bread bowl
- Sea Level Bakery: Coffee, snacks, and from-scratch baked goods — great place to stop and grab a picnic lunch for the beach
- The Oil & Vinegar Bar: It’s a tasting bar, not a restaurant, but if you love oil and vinegar don’t miss this place. Olive oil aficionados love it!
If you’re looking for things to do in Cannon Beach outdoors, follow in the footsteps of Captain William Clark (of the Lewis and Clark expedition) and visit Ecola State Park. It’s close and easy to find right between Cannon Beach and Seaside. Hike one of the park’s many trails, stop for a picnic, and keep your eyes open for wildlife. Don’t miss the incredible view from the top of the Tillamook Head trail. Clark himself described it as “the grandest and most pleasing prospect which my eyes ever surveyed.” Now that’s saying something!
Fly a kite on the beach, go touch Haystack Rock, or take your surfboard out and catch some waves. Just let us know what you’re looking for. We’re always happy to recommend something!
Cannon beach has no shortage of shops, art galleries, and boutiques. Shopping is easily one of the best Cannon Beach activities in the area. Explore the various wine shops, antique shops, and art galleries throughout Cannon Beach. This list barely scratches the surface:
- Found: You’ll see antiques, handmade jewelry, stained glass, and other knick-knacks in this cute family-owned shop.
- Steidel’s Art: This little gallery is filled with fanciful paintings, all original. Not your style? Cannon Beach has plenty of other art galleries to choose from.
- Jupiter’s Rare and Used Books: Don’t let the small exterior fool you. This place is packed with books from every genre.
- Sesame and Lilies: A beautiful presentation of home decor, kitchenware, accessories, and clothing items.
- La Luna Loca: Stylish, comfortable clothing, leather goods, and cute accessories
- Bruce’s Candy Kitchen: Get your saltwater taffy fix here.
- Laurel’s Wine Shop is easy to miss, but it’s worth a stop. You’ll see wines from Oregon and around the world. The owner really knows her stuff.
Looking for other relaxing Cannon Beach activities? Cannon Beach Yoga Arts offers fun classes for every ability level. Or treat yourself to a day at Cannon Beach Spa. They do couples massages, facials, hot stone treatments, and more. If you’d rather the spa come to you, Cannon Beach Mobile Massage will bring their therapeutic services right to your vacation rental.
Cannon Beach’s quaint town square, adorned with flowers, is a great place to sit and enjoy the day. Grab a cone from Osburn’s Ice Creamery nearby.
How to Find Cannon Beach
Need directions? Cannon Beach is an easy hour and a half drive from Portland. Take US-26 West for about 74 miles then merge on to US-101 South. After about 4 miles, turn right onto Sunset Blvd, and you’re in Cannon Beach. Click here for Google Maps directions.
We know you’ll enjoy everything the Cannon Beach area has to offer.
Starfish Vacation Rentals – Cannon Beach