Things to Do in Manzanita, Oregon
If you need a serene, secluded hideaway, our Manzanita rentals are just what you need. Manzanita — Spanish for “little apple” — just might be the best-kept secret of the Oregon Coast. This sleepy beach town is often called a hidden gem, and we couldn’t agree more. Manzanita is nestled between Arch Cape and Rockaway Beach, about 100 minutes from Portland. With seven miles of walkable, car-free, dog-friendly coastline, you’re free to explore and relax without worrying about noisy crowds. When you’re done exploring, return to a sumptuous, indulgent home-away-from-home with all the amenities you need for a wonderful vacation. Discover some of our favorite things to do in Manzanita!
Are you looking for even more great info about the Oregon Coast? Access our free Vacation Guide!
The Best Things to do in Manzanita
One of the biggest draws to the Oregon Coast is the abundance of outdoors fun! There are two great spots for hiking near Manzanita:
- Oswald West State Park: More experienced hikers will want to visit this site, including the Neahkahnie Mountain Loop. The higher up the mountain you hike, the more gorgeous views of coastal cliffs and crashing waves you’ll enjoy. Oswald West State Park is also home to Short Sand Beach, or “Shorty’s” as locals call it. This beach is one of the most popular spots for Oregon Coast surfing.
- Nehalem Bay State Park: First-time visitors to this park should explore the Nehalem Spit Trail, which is just over five miles long. It’s considered moderate in difficulty, and is open year-round, though most visitors agree that it is most beautiful from March until November. Nehalem Bay State Park is also an awesome place for kayaking, crabbing, and fishing!
Stop by a Cafe
Stop your day off the right way when you enjoy a coffee or pastry at any of the nearby cafes!
- Manzanita Coffee Co: Located next door to Marzano’s, you’ll find coffee, donuts, scones, cinnamon rolls, ice cream, and more at this cute cafe.
- Manzanita Cones & Coffee: Enjoy Tillamook ice cream, espresso, and coffee for the perfect after-dinner treat.
- Manzanita News and Espresso: This local hotspot serves coffee and tea, as well as a selection of baked goods. Try their Mexican Mocha!
Dine at a Fine Restaurant
If you don’t feel like whipping up a delicacy in the gourmet kitchen in our Manzanita rentals, try one of the local restaurants!
- A Mighty Thai: Craving some Thai food? Enjoy the selection at A Mighty Thai!
- Bread and Ocean: This is an excellent deli to stop by for lunch on the go. They make fresh bread daily and have gluten-free options.
- San Dune Pub: Stop by for some delicious fish and chips at this pub with a patio.
- Marzano’s Pizza: Enjoy the best pizza in Manzanita
- Big Wave Cafe: This seafood restaurant is best known for its crab cakes and halibut.
- Salmonberry Saloon: Another excellent seafood restaurant with a stellar drink selection.
- Left Coast Siesta: Enjoy hearty burritos, tacos, and more at this Mexican joint.
- Neah-Kah-Nie Bistro: If you’re looking for a date-night spot, search no further! This bistro is serving up gourmet comfort foods.
- The Winery at Manzanita: You’ll find more than just exquisite wines at this spot. The Winery at Manzanita also serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and they even have a kid’s menu.
You’ll love the adorable boutiques in town. Here are some of the best places to go shopping in Manzanita:
- Manzanita Market: If you’re hoping to stock up on some essentials during your stay with Starfish Vacation Rentals, stop by the Manzanita Market. There is a deli with an excellent variety of homemade salads, sandwiches, soups, and desserts, as well as some great platters. There is also a meat department with a wide selection of high-quality cuts.
- Manzanita Farmers Market: If you’re visiting in the summer, head to the Farmers Market for some live music and to browse through the local vendors. You’ll find everything from produce from nearby farms to locally-made wines.
- Four Paws on the Beach: Manzanita’s favorite pet store to pamper your pup (or kitty) while you’re on vacation! Remember to check out our selection of pet-friendly properties so the whole family can join you on vacation!
- Unfurl Clothing: Stop by this eco-friendly shop with clothing for women, men, and children
- Syzygy: This quaint shop has clothing, jewelry, shoes, and home and garden accents
- Overboard Games: board games, card games, and more
- T-Spot: This eclectic boutique has a little bit of everything, from yarn and gifts to gourmet chocolate!
- Finnesterre: Shop the selection of beach-inspired home decor and jewelry
- Manzanita Sweets: If you’ve got a sweet tooth, head to this shop for something delicious!
Other Local Attractions
- Spend an afternoon at one of the local art galleries. Hoffman Center for the Arts features some excellent art programs and also displays some works by local artists. Polaris Gallery is another fantastic gallery in town.
- Practice your swing at Manzanita Golf Course.
- Enjoy a day of pampering at Spa Manzanita.
How to Get to Manzanita
Ready to find our Manzanita rentals? Manzanita is 95 miles from Portland, just under a two-hour drive. Take US-26 West for about 74 miles, then merge onto US-101 South. After 18 miles, you’ll arrive in Manzanita. Click for directions on Google Maps.
We know you’ll love our Manzanita, Oregon rentals and everything the area has to offer.
Starfish Vacation Rentals – Manzanita