Things to Do in Manzanita, Oregon
If you need a serene, secluded hideaway, our Manzanita rentals are just what you need. Manzanita — Spanish for “little apple” — just might be the best-kept secret of the Oregon Coast. This sleepy beach town is often called a hidden gem, and we couldn’t agree more. Our Manzanita vacation rentals provide a rejuvenating escape.
Manzanita is nestled between Arch Cape and Rockaway Beach, about 100 minutes from Portland. With 7 miles of walkable, car-free, dog-friendly sand, you’re free to explore and relax without worrying about noisy crowds. When you’re done exploring, return to a sumptuous, indulgent home-away-from-home with all the amenities you’re used to.
You’ll love our Manzanita beach rentals! Expansive floor-to-ceiling windows provide sun-soaked views, or warm up with the temperature-controlled gas fireplace. Curl up for a family movie on the 40-inch smart TV. We’re sure that no matter which of our Manzanita rentals you choose, you’ll leave refreshed and already planning your next visit!
Staying at one of our Manzanita vacation rentals is the ultimate in relaxation and luxury. You’ll appreciate thoughtful touches like a welcome basket with local treats and plush furnishings that invite you to sink in and doze off. We help personalize your stay with concierge-level assistance. Our guests love the thought and planning we put into your visit. It’s what makes a vacation amazing instead of just average.
Need fun activity ideas for the kids, or want us to point you toward the best day hike? It’s done! We’ll even have groceries delivered by the time you arrive, if you like. If you’re celebrating an anniversary or birthday, let us know — we can deliver a birthday cake from a local bakery or arrange for a local chef to come cook you an incredible meal. We’ll make sure your experience at our Manzanita rentals is a new level of bliss.
Photo: Sébastien Launay
Things to Do in Manzanita, Oregon
Manzanita may be quiet, but it’s never boring. The endless things to do in Manzanita, Oregon will keep you entertained throughout your time here. Relax and take in the natural beauty of the vista or visit one of the several shops in Manzanita. Whatever you choose to do here, you’ll be sure to fall in love with this beautiful place. Here are some more ideas and things to do in Manzanita, Oregon:
Manzanita has plenty of great trails to explore, as well as two state parks nearby. Head south to find Nehalem Bay State Park, or go north to find Oswald West State Park. Hike up Neah-Kah-Nie Mountain for breathtaking views of the ocean, or go crabbing and fishing in Nehalem Bay. When your feet are tired, have a bonfire on the beach at sunset — it’s a must!
Photo: Jameson Fink
Soak up the art at 4th Street Studio or take stand-up paddleboard lessons. Take a pottery class in the ceramics studio at the Hoffman Center, or bring your kids for an arts and crafts class during the summer. Every May, catch the unique trash art show at recycling center CARTM. And if Manzanita wasn’t dog-friendly enough for you, every September is Muttzanita, a dog festival and fundraiser that includes a canine fashion show!
Manzanita’s adorable boutiques will entertain and maybe even tempt you. Here are some spots in town to visit:
- Four Paws on the Beach: Manzanita’s beloved pet store to pamper your pup (or kitty)
- Unfurl Clothing: an eco-friendly shop with clothing for women, men, and children
- Syzygy: clothing, jewelry, shoes, and home and garden accents
- Overboard Games: board games, card games, and more
- T-Spot: yarn, gifts, and gourmet chocolate
- Finnesterre: beach-inspired home decor and jewelry
- Manzanita Sweets: plenty of candy if you need a little treat
If you don’t feel like whipping up a delicacy in the gourmet kitchen in our Manzanita rentals, try one of the local restaurants! Or pop into one of the coffeeshops for a morning latte and scone on the way to the beach.
- Bread and Ocean: A tiny, great deli to grab a sandwich or pastries and go — plus, they make fresh bread daily and have gluten-free options
- Blackbird: Excellent, locally inspired dishes…just make sure to make a reservation!
- San Dune Pub: Great fish and chips at this pub with a patio
- Marzano’s Pizza: Best pizza in Manzanita
- The Coffee Shop: Next door to Marzano’s, find coffee, donuts, scones, cinnamon rolls, ice cream, and more
- Manzanita Cones & Coffee: Tillamook ice cream, espresso, and coffee
- Manzanita News and Espresso: Coffee and tea, baked goods, indoor and outdoor seating, huge windows, and a tasty Mexican mocha
- Vino: Wine, small plates, dessert, and live music — perfect for dates
- Big Wave Cafe: Seafood restaurant known for its crab cakes and halibut
Among all the best things to do in Manzanita, Oregon, relaxing is easily one of the most popular. When it’s time to pamper yourself, head to Spa Manzanita for a blowout, oxygenating facial, massage, body wrap, or pedicure. If you feel more relaxed on the green, try Manzanita’s nine-hole, par-32 golf course. Or simply find a spot on the beach and sketch or paint Neahkahnie Mountain. For a night in, pick up some bread, cheese, and chocolate at Manzanita Market for a European-style picnic by the fireplace. On drizzly days, cuddle up with a fluffy blanket and get lost in a novel, or brave the rain for a walk on the beach, followed by a steaming bubble bath.
How to Get to Manzanita
Ready to find our Manzanita rentals? Manzanita is 95 miles from Portland, just under a two-hour drive. Take US-26 West for about 74 miles, then merge onto US-101 South. After 18 miles, you’ll arrive in Manzanita. Click for directions on Google Maps.
We know you’ll love our Manzanita, Oregon rentals and everything the area has to offer.
Starfish Vacation Rentals – Manzanita